· Received necessary approvals to place new water main into service.
· Replaced all water services to residences and United Methodist Church / School
· Made final connections to existing water main.
· Completed storm sewer along roadway
· Replaced storm sewer services to those homes with previous connections.
Work Anticipated to be Performed, July 3rd to July 7th
· Contractor is expected to work on-site on Monday, July 3rd
· No work anticipated on-site on Tuesday, July 4th
· Complete remaining underground utility improvements, only minor items remain
· Begin roadway reconstruction
Roadway reconstruction will begin next week. This phase of construction will consists of removing the existing concrete pavement, repairing any areas of the existing soil below the pavement that are failing, installing new aggregate base, new concrete curb & gutter, and asphalt pavement.
During roadway construction, access to Linneman Street will be limited during working hours. As you have been dealing with over the past several weeks, heavy construction equipment and work has made it very difficult to travel along Linneman Street. During working hours, the contractor will be excavating the entire roadway width to remove the existing pavement and perform the work associated with reconstructing the roadway. We ask that you remove your vehicles prior to working hours, then following work completing for the day, you will have access to your driveways. During concrete curb & gutter installation, driveway access will be restricted for approximately 5 days. The Village of Glenview will be hand-delivering letters with exact dates of the driveway and travel restrictions as well as parking options, please be on the look-out for these letters on your front door.
As stated in previous posts, since this project is funded by the Village of Glenview, construction will not be delayed due to the current shut-down of IDOT projects.
Have a safe and enjoyable July 4th Weekend.