· Storm Sewer installation on-going
· Performed testing prior to placing new water main into service
Work Anticipated to be Performed, June 26th to June 30th
· Receive necessary approvals prior to placing new water main into service
· Complete storm sewer installation
· Begin water service replacements
· General site clean-up prior to July 4th Weekend.
Next week, the contractor will begin water service replacements. Water services will be replaced from the new water main to the existing valve and box located in front of each home. During the water service replacement, water to individual homes will be shut-off for approximately 2-3 hours while the transition from the old service to the new service is made. The contractor will notify each resident individually regarding the approximate time and day of the water shut-off prior to turning off the water.
Many of you have likely heard in the news about the potential for construction shut-downs associated without having a state budget passed by the legislature. This project is not affected by that potential shut-down since no State or Federal funds are being utilized. This project is 100% funded by the Village of Glenview; therefore, work will continue without delay.
Thank you for all your patience as you are dealing with the inconveniences that come with living in a construction area.